Sunday, February 7, 2010

Demanding Monster

The whimsical Tuppy Von Monster, as designed and created by Elli Stubenrauch

The sweater continues to progress well, I am about to reach the left sleeve and then the home stretch! It's been such a fun project to work on, and it's one that's made me so thankful for Ravelry. There are numerous forums about the Vine Yoke Cardigan on Ravelry and they really helped me figure out sizing information, and some aspects of the pattern. I do have to say though that Ravelry makes it look like a super intimidating project and it is not, do NOT be afraid of the sweater!!

On another note, the sweater has been practically flying off my needles because there have been repeated requests for a monster. My older sister (the one who didn't get anything knit for Christmas so I really do owe her) wants a monster. Not just any monster though, she saw the above image for Tuppy von Monster and decided she doesn't just want one, she needs one! I already sent her a scarf to try to buy some patience, but to no avail, the monster needs to be made, and it has to be now.

Seeing as how we're both island girls we've decided that this monster needs to have some special alterations. First, he will be a sea monster named Seamus von Swimmy. Second, the color scheme will be greatly altered for SvS, as will the colorwork charts for his tummy section. Now that you are perhaps as anxious with anticipation as my dear sister, you will just have to wait to see how he grows.

No comments:

Post a Comment