Wednesday, July 15, 2009

July finish for my February Lady Sweater!!

My poor little sweater has been sitting in my knitting basket, armless, for ages. The pattern itself is quite easy and goes rather fast, but I just got stumped when I came to the sleeves. I had been working them on my DPN's and my size 8 DPN's must weigh as much as a baby elephant, because of this it was very cumbersome and I had all kinds of ladders and tension issues. I ended up ripping back to where the sleeves had been separated and working them with magic loop (I'm officially now a convert to using magic loop for sleeves, so much better!)
There had been some sweater wonkiness (I need buttonhole tutoring!!) but blocking has solved much of what was bugging me and I'm now just tickled pink about this guy. The buttons are dark brown wood, and I'm thinking of this sweater as my Forest Cardi (my last sweater was Ysolda Teague's Cloud Bolero which became my Ocean Sweater, a Fire sweater would be a fun way to warm up in January, any suggestions for a good pattern/yarn?).

As for Mods, I did much fewer for this pattern than I did for my last sweater. The biggest change was the sleeves. I did garter stitch the whole way down, and started decreases at the beginning of the sleeves, I decreased two stitches every other row (on the knit row) until I had 40 stitches (down from 52 I believe) for a nice snug but not too tight fit. The end result is snug and very cozy (thanks in large part to the Nashua Creative Focus yarn which has a nice plush quality to it). Hooray for another project finished and out of my knitting basket!!

No comments:

Post a Comment